Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Destination 1-Complete!!

We arrived in Madison, Wisconsin today at 8:30 pm (central time) after driving about 9 hours across the Midwest (about an 1 1/2 was in Chicago rush hour.  Couldn't complain about the skyline, though ;) I can't take any of the credit for driving...AT ALL today!!! All approximately 500 miles were thanks to Papa G! We passed through the heart of Ohio, Indiana, Illinois and then Wisconsin, until reaching Madison.  The scene really didn't change much from one state to another.  Basically, the views are of farms, silos, cows, more farms, more cows, and even MORE farms!!! No wonder people from other states (not from the Midwest) think I'm a cowgirl when I say I'm from O-HIO.  The day couldn't have been more beautiful!! The sun was shining the whole trip, without a rain cloud in the sky! I thought when we arrived to Madison, I would want a big wheel of CHEESE, but then I remembered, Leinenkugal's is brewed in Wisconsin, therefore, I HAD to have a Summer Shandy to show allegiance to the state I was walking in.  My Dad and I enjoyed some burgers and brews at The Coliseum Bar down the road from our hotel.  The bar scene was great with some very friendly bartenders and even sand volleyball courts outside.  Definitely a perfect end to a perfect first day on the road!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment